The County recognizes that certain individuals wish to harvest the roadside vegetation for hay.  If you wish to harvest the roadside vegetation you must contact the Agriculture Services office at 780-672-4765 prior to May 28th, 2018 to identify these locations.

*** NOTICE ****

Street Access/Egress and Water Service Interruption

Please be advised that Camrose County is planning the upcoming installation of a new water service and a new sewer service along Bailey Avenue and Kent Street.  This project will consist of Camrose County operators having to make 3 excavations, 2 of which are located along Bailey Ave , and 1 located along Kent Street.  This project is expected to start the week of September 24-28 and is expected to last approximately 3-4 days.

As part of the construction project, County Operators will be required to tie into the existing water (Bailey Ave) and sewer (Kent Street) infrastructure.  Due to the location of these tie-ins; entry and exit to your residence will not be possible by vehicle once excavations have commenced. 

Parking will be available along the North side of Bailey Ave, East of Kent Street.

Camrose County asks that by 8 am September 24th any personal vehicles you wish to utilize are parked along Bailey Ave to avoid any exiting issues.

Access to the Braim Subdivision may be limited to entering off of TWP 472 South onto William Street while construction is occuring.

In conjunction with the water service tie-in, County Operators will be required to temporarily shut down the water supply to the area.  Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this shut down is expected to last for a very limited duration (10-15 minutes) and will be restored as soon as possible. 

Questions and concerns may be forwarded to either Zach Mazure, Public Works Assistant Manager, 780-672-4449 and/or Utilities Foreman Curtis Smith 780-878-4816.

We apologize for any  inconvenience the disruption may cause.

Please respect your neighbours property during this project.



 Camrose County wants to hear from you!

During November and December, Council works with Administration to set the Budget for the coming year.  Your opinion is important as decisions are made about projects, services, and taxes.  Please take a few minutes to fill in our online survey.

Take our Budget Priority Survey!




Beginning December 1, 2017, all residential home builders will be required to have a licence inorder to build new homes and obtain new building permits.

Builder licensing applies to the construction of new homes, including condominiums and major renovations that cover more than 75% of a home. 



Enumerators will be going door to door between September 8 and September 30.  You can also register online or by telephone as well.  By updating your voter information a "where to vote" card will be mailed to you prior to Election Day.  For full details, see the 2018 Provincial Enumeration website.


Roadside Brush and Weed Control Program

Camrose County wuill be spraying along County Roadsides for the control of brush and weeds commencing June 1st.  Spraying will not be done in front of building sites, along field shelterbelts or other sensitive areas.  The brush control program will be undertaken for safety, ease of snow removal and sit line improvement.  

Persons must complete an "Agreement for the Restricted Use of Herbicides for Brush and weed control in Sensitive Areas" and must post Camrose County "Do Not Spray Area" signs prior to May 28th, 2018.


Council has updated the Fee For Service Bylaw for 2017.  The bylaw is available here.  The fee schedule in the Bylaw will take effect Jan. 1, 2017.

Effective April 1, 2018, producers will need to have an EFP completion letter dated within the last 10 years to be considered current and eligible for cost-share funding with the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change programs of the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP). That means, for example, if you apply in September 1, 2018, your EFP will need to have been approved on or after September 1, 2008 to be considered for current funding.

I’m sure the first question you’ll ask after reading the title is “Why?”. There has been a movement to harmonize EFPs nationally to make EFPs more useful to sustainable sourcing programs, and Alberta is the only province without a renewal period; therefore, we are doing it to make EFPs useful to sustainable sourcing programs across Canada.

I’m sure the next question is “How often?”. The Alberta EFP program has a Stakeholder Advisory Committee (an industry advisory group) that set the renewal period at 10 years.  We are waiting to see if the renewal period becomes part of the harmonized national standard.  If it does, we anticipate we will need to move the renewal period to 5 years or less in the future.

What does this mean for producers?

  • If you want to apply for Growing Forward/CAP grants, you will need a current EFP.
  • If a sustainable sourcing program requires it (e.g. the potato sustainability initiative), you will need a current EFP
  • If your completion letter is older than 10 years, you will need to do a new workbook and action plan.
  • If you cannot find your completion letter, you will need to start and complete a new EFP to be considered current, regardless of the completion date; unless your EFP is online.
  • Technicians cannot give out completion letters without doing a full review of a new EFP (both workbook and action plan).

Producers should use the online workbook!  ~ Why?

  • The online workbook does many of the calculations for you and carries data forward to other parts of the online workbook where needed
  • Future renewals will be easier. The data are stored online on a secure virtual private server accessible only to ARECA staff entrusted to deliver the EFP Program.
    • When the next version change comes, your data will be migrated to the newest version, making updates easier and simpler.
  • If available, you should use your original binder as a reference for your EFP renewal.  Producers who have done this have told us putting the paper version online takes a few hours
  • If you cannot renew online, then you need to complete a new binder of the latest version.

How do I Renew?

Although Farm Vehicles (Class 2) are exempt from the provisions of sections 10 and 22 of the NSC (National Safety Code for Motor Carriers) when carrying bales (IF they do not exceed the posted speed limit or 80 km/hr, whichever is less, and the vehicle is not operated onon any highway or portion of a highway except to cross the highway), they are NOT EXEMPT from Section 5(2) of the Cargo Securement Standard which states:

"The cargo securement system shall provide a downward force equal to at least 20% of the weight of an article of cargo if the article is not fully contained within the structure of the vehicle"

What this is saying is that you MUST secure each bale with strap, with a marked Working Load Limit (WWL) of at least 20% of weight or aggregate weight of each bale or stack of bales loaded on any vehicle.

For example, If you have a sinigle bale that weighs 500 kg you would need to secure that bale with a strap marked with a WWL of 100 kg. 

If you have one strap over two bales that weight 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 200 kg. 

If you have a single strap over three bales that weigh 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 300 kg.

The fines for an improperly secured load are up to $776.



Subscribe to News