Tuesday, 26 September, 2017 - 09:30

Please be advised that the Regular Meeting of the Council is scheduled for the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, beginning at 9:30 am in the Council Chambers at the County Office located at 3755- 43 Avenue in Camrose. Please feel free to check out the Published Agenda located here. The Public is Welcome to attend.  









Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 - 12:00

Public Notice

Opportunity to serve on various Civic Boards and Committees

Camrose County invites written applications from interested citizens to serve on various Civic Boards and Committees.  Applications from individual citizens or community organizations in support of a consenting individual are solicited.  Appointments will be made by County Council for a term of four (4) years.  To be eligible for appointment for a Civic Board of Committee, the Applicants must be electors of Camrose County and a resident in the area to be represented.

Letters of application, indicating which Board/Committee the Applicants are willing to serve on, as well as a short Resume’ of the Applicant’s background are to be submitted to the undersigned prior to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 11, 2017, for vacancies on the following:




Two (2)


Two (2) residents of the County-at-large to be appointed (Committee of Council –  Policy 3.01)

Five (5)


Five (5) residents of the County-at-large to be appointed (By-law 1270)

Two (2)


Two (2) Citizens-at-large to be appointed (By-law 1332)


For further information or to view the Terms of Reference for each committee, please see Policy 3.01, By-law 1270 and By-law 1332.

If you have questions, please contact Jody at 780-672-4446.

Paul King, County Administrator

Camrose County

3755 - 43 Avenue, Camrose, Alberta  T4V 3S8



Wednesday, 18 January, 2017 - 09:00

Municipal Planning Commission Meeting - in County Council Chambers at 9:00 AM.The agenda can be viewed here. This meeting is open to the Public.  Call (780)678-3070 for further details..

Tuesday, 12 September, 2017 - 09:45

Please Note:  Kingman Road is now closed for paving.  Detours are in place.  Work should take about a month.


Tuesday, 10 October, 2017 - 09:00

The Municipal Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and typically occur on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.  The agenda is available here the week before the meeting.

Please note that while MPC meetings are open to the public, they are not Public Hearings. The most effective way to submit feedback on a particular proposal is in writing in advance of the meeting to the Planning and Development department, who can then attach it to the public agenda package. MPC members may, at their discretion, ask questions of administration or any affected parties relating to the agenda during the meeting.


Monday, 16 October, 2017 - 20:00

10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

More Election Information - click here


NOTICE:  Cutting of Hay Crops on Public Roads (Bylaw 1020)

(1)   (a)  Prior to July 15, in any year, only the owner of land abutting the ditch of a public highway under the jurisdiction of Camrose County is authorized to harvest by cutting, baling, or any other method, any forage crop that grows within the said ditches of the said public highway. 

(b) an owner under (a) above may transfer this privilege to another person by mutual agreement.

(2)   On and following the 15th day of July in any year, any person may harvest by cutting, baling or any other method, etc., any forage crops growing within the ditches of a public highway under the jurisdiction of Camrose County.       

(3) A forage crop harvested within the ditches of a public highway shall become the property of the person harvesting same and shall not be stacked or stored within the said ditches, but shall be removed as soon as reasonably possible from the said ditches upon the completion of the said harvesting        .

(4)   Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Council reserves the right to authorize its employees, agents or assigns to cut, spray or otherwise destroy forage crop or grasses, weeds, or other growth in the ditches or on the side slopes of any public highway under its jurisdiction at any time in the interest of safety for the traveling public and in the interest of controlling noxious weeds and any other undesirable growth.

(5)   Any person contravening this by-law is guilty of an offense and liable on summary conviction to the penalties as outlined in Section 557 of Chapter M-26 of the Municipal Government Act R.S.A. 2000 and amendments thereto.




Council has updated the Fee For Service Bylaw for 2017.  The bylaw is available here.  The fee schedule in the Bylaw will take effect Jan. 1, 2017.

The next Municipal Election will be held on Monday, October 16, 2017.  Camrose County voters elect Councillors in 7 Divisions.  To see a map of the Electoral Divisions and their current representative, please click here.  The Reeve is nominated at the Organizational Meeting each fall from among the elected officials.

In accordance with the changes to the Local Authorities Election Act, individuals must register their intention to be a candidate.  If someone wishes to run in the Camrose County Municipal Election, and intends to begin raising funds and receiving donations for that purpose, they MUST be registered with Camrose County under Section 147.2 of the Elections Act before accepting any campaign contributions.  Find the Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance Form here.

The future candidate must disclose his/her intent to run by submitting the attached form to Camrose County.  The information will be compiled in a directory by Camrose County Administration and will be public information.

Election Additional Information:

Municipal Government Candidate Guide

Camrose County's Candidate Information Guide - everything you need to know about running for Council and what happens after!

Election Sign Information from Alberta Transportation

Voter Eligibility & Identification Requirements:

You are eligible to vote if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • You are at least 18 years of age on or before Election Day
  • You are a Canadian citizen
  • You have lived in Alberta for the six consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day
  • Your place of residence is in the voting Division on Election Day
  • If you have provided the required proof of eligibility as required by Section 53 of the Local Authorities Election Act
  • You have not already voted before in the election.

Please be advised a change to the Local Authorities Act requires that all Voters must provide identification which must produce proof of the Person’s identity and current address.

The identification must be one (1) of the following:

  • Operator/Driver’s license
  • Government photo identification card
  • Or other Chief Electoral Officer approved identification which must show the name and address of the elector.

Types of Chief Electoral Officer approved identification allowed must show the name and address of the elector. Examples of appropriate ID include:

  • Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a correctional institution;
  • Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative (landlord) of a commercial property management company;
  • Attestation of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a Supportive Living Facility;
  • Bank/Credit card statement or personal cheque;
  • Correspondence issued by a school, college or university;
  • Government cheque or cheque hub;
  • Income/property tax assessment notice;
  • Insurance policy or coverage card;
  • Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
  • One of the following, issued by the responsible authority of a shelter or soup kitchen:
    • Attestation of residence, letter of stay, admission form or statement of benefits;
  • Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
  • Residential lease or mortgage statement;
  • Statement of government benefits, eg employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit;
  • Utility bill, eg telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water; and
  • Vehicle ownership or insurance certificate.





Subscribe to News